STOP: Does your organization have the Incident Add-On?
What can be converted?
You can convert an Incident to another Incident type, an Improvement type, or a Project type.
What happens when I convert an Incident?
- The status will become “new.”
- The title, comments, files, links, Tasks, and charts will all be unchanged.
- You can specify which information is copied into which fields - see below for more information.
- Any dates that no longer apply will be removed.
- If an Attribute exists on both the original and the new type, it will be carried over. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
- You will be given the option of making the team Collaborators.
- Any Resolution details will be lost.
- You become the Author (if you’re converting it to an Incident or Improvement) or the Facilitator (if you’re converting it to a Project).
How do I convert an Incident?
- Navigate to the Incident you want to convert.
- Click in the action bar.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Select the new Project, Incident, or Improvement type to which you would like to convert this Incident. You can choose from any type you have permission to create.
- Specify how you would like to map each field - the text in the existing type’s fields will be transferred to the new field.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.