What can be converted?
You can convert a Project to another Project type or even to an Improvement type.
What happens when I convert a Project?
- The status will become “new.”
- Any dates that no longer apply will be removed.
- If an Attribute type exists on both the original and the new type, it will be carried over. Otherwise, it will be discarded.
- The title, comments, files, links, Tasks, and charts will all be left unchanged.
- You can specify which information is copied into which fields - see below for more information.
- If you’re converting a Project to an Improvement, you will be given the option of making the team Participants.
- If you’re converting a Project into an Improvement, any nested Projects and Improvements will be un-nested.
- You will become a Facilitator.
How do I convert a Project?
- Navigate to the Project you want to convert.
- Click in the action bar.
- Click in the resulting drop-down menu.
In the resulting window:
- Select the new type to which you want to convert this Project. You can choose between any Project or Improvement type with which you could create a new Project or Improvement.
- Specify how you would like to map each field - the text entered in the existing Project type’s fields will be copied over into the new field when you complete the conversion.
If you map multiple fields to the same target field, all the information from each of those fields will be copied into the new field separated by a blank line.